I am the new one

Dział przeznaczony na wszystko co nie związane z gildią oraz grą

I am the new one

Postprzez 1metal74 » Wt, 12 cze 2018, 14:48

Antekhrist 's fall from style hasn't been the most evident one, or even the most drastic. Unfortunately, the loss of guitar player Joni Snoro in 2016 dealt a crippling hit to the band's creative unit, and despite good attempts at scrambling and improvising, they haven't recently been quite able to repeat the glory seen on the band's two (to date) full-lengths. The licks feel more watered down and reliant on clear chugging and other space-filling antics, likely because Patinen struggles to fill an entire EP worth of fabric without lapsing into redundancy. Now to the band's credit, they give you a fair little material here on Decedents, and creation values are far better from the thrown-together one they released last yr, which almost put myself removed from the band totally. This release feels considerably more polished, even if the riffs are only occasionally stirring from a melodic point of view. https://siterawcom.wordpress.com/2018/0 ... istory-of-css/

Regardless, Antekhrist is still in the band and proceeds his reign among the most underrated Finnish keyboardists in recent years. This individual has such a restricted grasp on those frozen Wintersun-esque synths that it is almost scary. My spouse and i appreciate his reliance on corporeal note progressions that feel very "2005" to these ears. Keyboard solos make occasional appearances and do not feel jarringly out of place like they typically do. A lot better, he is buoyed by the ubiquitous choir, so there are great melodies here if you keep an headsets to them. Take "Tranquility" for instance, the best track here and a worthy successor to the band's earlier outings.

The remainder pales somewhat, but other than the oddly chug-centric "Revenant, " there is enough variation to warrant repeated listens, because even a weakened Frosttide is superior to almost all of their peers. "Carved into Ice" has a more dark feel that I avoid think excels given the stylistic confines, but it will help give Decedents a more cinematic feel and impression of a proper mini-album as opposed to a few rough tracks tossed together.

I really think Antekhrist gave it their best shot here, but a second guitarist is a welcome addition, at least to spark some variance in the riffage. The songwriting also feels a lttle bit less coherent. Remember "No Turning Back? " That song was something like seven minutes or more, stuffed to the top with great riffs and synths. I don't think this incarnation of the band could pull something like that off, but I will certainly give them another chance to prove me wrong. Decedents is a good stopgap, if anything. At least check out "Tranquility, very well because that is the best tune here.
1metal74
User
User

Postprzez » Wt, 12 cze 2018, 14:48

Powrót do Offtopic